What is Quantum Physics and How Does it Effect Me?

  • Home
  • Blog
  • What is Quantum Physics and How Does it Effect Me?
I bet you would have never thought that quantum physics and its theories would ever have anything to do with you. Well, it has everything to do with you and your STATE of being.  
In this and several upcoming Blogs, I will be covering a Quantum Physics for beginners approach to the terminology and its direct effects on your life. 
First, I'd like to give you a brief history of how Quantum Physics came to be a predominant way of thinking in science and life.    Niels Henrik David Bohr was born on the 7th of October in 1885. He was a Danish physicist who made foundational contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum theory, for which he received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1922. His most popular statement and one that I believe sets the tone for what you are about to read was, "If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.”
Neil understood that life is made up of "nothingness" it is just a bunch of energy (atoms) looking for direction. 
Bohr adapted Rutherford's nuclear structure to Max Planck's quantum theory, and so created his Bohr model of the atom. This model shows electrons traveling in orbits around the atom's nucleus, with the chemical properties of each element determined by the number of electrons in the outer orbits of its atoms. He created the idea that an electron could drop from a higher-energy orbit to a lower one, in the process emitting a quantum (proportional amount) of discrete energy.

produces Energy

At this point, you might be asking, what does a 19th-century physicist have to do with me and the world I live in today. Well, Bohr was not only a physicist but a noted philosopher too. Here is a quote from Neil regarding his philosophical teachings under Soren Kierkegaard, "There is no quantum world. This is only an abstract physical description". 

If there is no "real" physical world around us and it is all made up of energy then you have the perfect place in which you can create anything you want. I have shared this thought in my past blogs as the basis for your life as it exists today. 
You may think that you are being directed and shown the life you currently have by outside forces, but the opposite is true, according to Bohr. Your thoughts are the guide to the energy that you are. Remember, 99.9% of everything is energy, and that includes you. So, if your thoughts are running the show, you need to step back and take a look at the thoughts you are having right now. Go ahead, stop reading, and take a second to see what it is your thoughts are saying to you right now.  
Okay, welcome back. Now, after that exercise, I bet you are wondering to yourself, how many thoughts do I have a day? Based on a study done on something called a thought worm, we have 6,000 thoughts per day. Great, now all you have to do is control 6,000 individual thoughts, and you'll be able to achieve nirvana. Not so fast, we haven't even talked about your unconscious mind. Wait, what?  
The unconscious mind has something to do with this too. What am I thinking in my unconscious mind, you might ask. Well, first of all, you have to understand that your unconscious mind is running about 95% of all your thinking
Yes, 95 percent of brain activity is beyond our conscious awareness. There have been many cognitive neuroscientists who have conducted studies that have revealed that only 5% of our cognitive or thinking activities (decisions, emotions, actions, behavior) are conscious, and the remaining 95% is non-conscious (social 
interaction, behaviors, biases, and relationships).  
Want to learn more about the unconscious mind and how it affects you. Stay tuned.  


You may also like

Can You See That?

Can You See That?

I’m Out of My Mind

I’m Out of My Mind
Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Never miss a good story!

Subscribe to the Blue Sky email and keep up with my latest thoughts and ideas!